About Me

My photo
About Me : Still trying to find out...will let u guys know when I find out...

Friday, October 8, 2010

To My Nymphalis Antiopa

I stepped out of my room one winter morning
So early that even the sun was yawning
All the dew-covered trees and leaf
Had tear drops though none was in grief

With dew, they had cleaned their eyes of earth
And filled their faces with mirth
Seeing it made me wonder
What had got their attention to surrender?

Then I noticed the source of this attention
The reason for all this happiness and commotion
It was a small, dull cocoon
But hey, it was glowing like the moon

So that was the reason behind this mirth
It was a gathering to witness this new birth
A life was breaking out of the cocoon
To see the world, oh so soon...!

Out slowly the girl sneaked
At her new world, she peeked
Then she stepped out, in all her glory
Out to see and learn the world’s story

She began her journey onward
She placed her soft feet forward
Maybe she was not sure if the earth would stand
The weight of all her six hands

It was then that I was reminded of you
Of your soft beauty and gentle demeanour
Allow me to say this, would you?
Without you this world would be a big bore....

Those plants and trees were like me
From a distance they were there to see,
A life moving out to fly
Just like I watched you walking by...

And then the girl opened her wings
Those big black captivating wings
Reminded me of your beautiful eyes and the day we met
Though I’m not sure if you remember me telling you that

We spoke only for a few minutes
Heaven knows how I managed to do that
I saw your eyes and that very minute
That very minute, I was tongue-tied

I blurted out what came to my mind
Please forget what I just said
Because, to be honest, I had lost my mind
And was walking while you led...
Maybe that day you had to go somewhere
You stretched your wings out and flew
With my heart down there wanting to pursue
But holding back so as not to pester you

You left the town one day
Not telling me when you would be back
I don’t even know if we would ever again talk
But still I hope that we would....someday...


If you happen to read this somehow
I hope with all my heart you do
Know that I live for you
And with you alone will my life be true....

4 comments:

  1. Nymphalis ? Nymphet ? Like Vladimir Nabokov ? Brother, you need to actively search for the one who made you more-than-usually-tongue-tied.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a butterfly. Hahaha, are you saying I'm usually tongue-tied? :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. Surely, butterfly is a metaphor. You are usually tongue-tied except when you choose to grace your audience with one of those tongue-in-cheek one-liners.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hmmm.... So familiar, huh? Now I'm curious. Why so anonymous, Anonymous?

    ReplyDelete