About Me

My photo
About Me : Still trying to find out...will let u guys know when I find out...

Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Another Icarus...

Atop a hill, under the treetops,
Waving and dancing to the rhythm of my feet,
And birds, not so out of reach
A jump and even the clouds are mine.

Taken over by pride and sheer joy,
With the whole city looking up at me,
The mighty river but a distant stream,
Farmlands forming dusty specks.

Temple towers in the horizon,
Their bells tolling faint whispers,
Sharing secrets with the winds,
Secrets the winds keep to themselves.

Stories about steamy affairs,
News of juicy gossip from high up
Amidst the clouds, and the heavens,
Gossip that does not matter much to me.

My dealings with the wind are different,
We don’t revel in idle gossip,
No, not us. We got more to do,
For the wind gives me wings.

The wind gives me wings,
Easing my flights of fancy,
Into the realms of the gods,
Amidst the clouds and the heavens.

The wind gives me wings,
Lifting me above over mere mortals,
Far above even the hilltop I sat on,
Far above the earth I was born on,

I am the master of this world,
Watching over it as a Messiah.
Lying under my feet, the world waits,
For my command, to do my bidding.

Unable to bear the weight,
Of my ambitions and my pride,
The fast, strong wind, fails,
To hold me up and clips my wings,

Drifting along clouds that I lorded over,
Falling swiftly, from grace,
Specks of dust in the distance,
Shed more specks of dust in my eyes.

I now know that they are fields,
That sustain me and not I, them.
Birds exact revenge by flying over me falling,
Another Icarus, dumped by his pride.

No comments:

Post a Comment