About Me

My photo
About Me : Still trying to find out...will let u guys know when I find out...

Monday, May 6, 2013

3 Sonnets

BATTLE APPLES



War came slithering as a snake to me, cloaked in gold and guilt,
And offered to gift me the cloak, if I would embrace him.
Shining diamonds, bloody as apples, strung together in gilt,
Dead bodies lined up in a choir to sing my war hymn,
“All this will come” he said, “if you will only embrace me”.
“All will bend to your will, but if you only will embrace me”

Awed, I stared at this unholy abomination, so tempting, his will,
But never had I been willing to be tempted, neither was I then.
I shivered as he smiled at me, the air a cold unnerving chill,
So sure of his success, so sure after years of victory in defeating men,
“I will not be cowed down, not be your garlanded sacrificial goat”, I said.
“But what garlands, what glory awaits you! Take a look at legions
That wait”. “Yes, legions that wait to die, all on my accord.
Fight you and kill yourself, so peace may live among men.”
A peaceful smile War smiled at me, sans tension or desperation.
“Another one then”, he said enigmatically, never terminating his annihilation.

LOVE BETRAYED


Stones touch bottom, if bridges they don’t build,
Hearts that sink, after hearing they were a “was”,
Fields lie barren, after seeds of sorrow spilled,
 And a harvest is made, through vulture claws.
The darkness calls, from waters of the abyss,
Inviting me over, for death’s final kiss.
The full moon reflected in the mirror of the deep,
Your face in it, my curtained eyes see as they weep.

Hands raised, in the hope of holding yours,
As the soul is lowered into voids of delusion,
A leg moves forward, prodding death’s doors.
Unaware of Cupid and the Reaper’s collusion,
I watch in epiphany as the arrow I hold turns a blade,
And fall into the depths of death, as love betrayed.


A THRILLER IN VERSE

Back when the stars were bright
And the night stood still, she called.
Clearer a voice than dew on a cloud,
She said she was coming, my town in sight.
Eager I was to meet her, I waited for daylight,
And looked out at the moon shining out loud.
Blurred was the vision, rattled the hearing,
Dust all over me, as a sandstorm came tearing.

The doors made nude, the curtains undressed,
The table toppled over, the plate roughly caressed.
The cake I had saved, it being her favorite,
Was nowhere to be seen, gone with the night.
Daylight came calling, bright like her, as I waited,
The newspaper gored me, with news she was dead.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment