About Me

My photo
About Me : Still trying to find out...will let u guys know when I find out...

Friday, July 23, 2010

A Rainbow.....On The Ground!!

I posed a question to the crowd
A crowd of friends standing before me
If they had seen a rainbow
They replied that they’d seen one

Some said they’d seen one many times
Up in the sky after a soft drizzle.
I think my question wasn’t clear
For I had wanted to know if they’d seen one on the ground

On the ground? They were puzzled...
They turned a bit surprised and asked me
If I had seen one myself
They also wanted to know how and where I had seen it.

I told them about you, my beautiful angel
For you were the rainbow I had seen
The rainbow that walked the earth
And also walked the green grounds of my heart...

Everything on earth was elegant when seen by your eyes
The blue eyes that twinkled like the stars of the sky
The eyes that stole my heart forever
And made me your slave for ever after...

But I had strong competition from the sun
He saw a reflection of his colour in your skin
The immaculate yellow skin that wrapped my angel
The skin that was infinitely brighter than the Sun himself...

Your eyes clashed at times with your hair
But it was not blue, it was ...different
Your long tresses were not the colour of the sky or of the night
They were, rather, remnants of the lighter hue of the hour before dawn...

Every rose ever created by nature
Performed a life-long penance begging for a boon
That it could resemble, at least for a minute, the red hue of your lips
Of which Nature is yet to create a replica.

The radiance that emanated from you,
Blended with the gentle rays of the sun
Created an aura around you as you strode
And aura that reminded me of a bouquet of bright saffron flowers

This bouquet of flowers walked and danced on the earth
As it did on the lush valley of my heart
Making the meadows greener and fresher
Thus completing the colour scheme of the rainbow

I told my friends who were, by now, open-mouthed in awe,
Of my good fortune in knowing this rainbow that walked the earth
But by then, I had already left the scene, for I had to rush
To catch a glimpse of my rainbow as she descended to the earth....

No comments:

Post a Comment