About Me

My photo
About Me : Still trying to find out...will let u guys know when I find out...

Friday, August 12, 2011

Dreaming Under A Dull Moon

A translation of a poem by Bharathiyar, to know more about Bharathiyar, click here

As I dozed off under a sleepy moon,
I had this dream.
A lass, in her sweet sixteen,
A face bright like the rising full moon,
A smile, that the moon appreciates and envies,

A body like a flash of lightning, she appeared,
“Stop sleeping! Look at me!” she said,
I woke up right away and…..
And……then it hit me…what a blessing!
I was looking at the Goddess of Beauty!

So I asked her, “Will fate or intelligence win the race?”
She replied “fate is a mere instrument of human intelligence”
I wondered if I would get what I desired and prayed to her for,
With a cynical smile, she said “mayb one or two in four might come true”
And with the smile she was gone, while I dozed off, lost in more dreams.

No comments:

Post a Comment