About Me

My photo
About Me : Still trying to find out...will let u guys know when I find out...

Monday, November 15, 2010

Dead Man Walkin...

I am a dead man,
Not one of those sorry souls
Who leave the living world trying,
Their best to hold on to it.
Oh no! Please don't count me in that list...

Nevertheless I am a dead man
I had stared at death in the face
And we joined hands to walk his ways
I went along the road that he took me through
And crossed over to the world of the dead.

I had seen him in the past,
Swinging his scythe over countless other man,
His scythe usually succeeded my sword, in action.
And he took those men who I thought I had slain
And thus we had often met on the battlefield...

We knew each other well,
Or at least I thought I did,
Before he came rampaging for my life
He was full of sorrow, at having met me
In a manner different from the past.

For this time, I was not an accomplice
I was his victim, or so he thought...
And he didn’t want me to be one
Of his poor victims. He had thought,
That I had more time on my hands.

But that wasn’t to be, for my days were over
I had seen and caused death to many a man,
And today it was my turn, I was ready.
But it looked like my friend, Death, wasn’t
He regretted the way he had to come for me.

But I told him, that I was not sad, that I was ready.
I told him, that I loved my hours of sleep,
They rejuvenated me, and sharpened my senses,
If a few hours of sleep could do that to me,
Then the eternal sleep would probably make me a God.

Saying so, I tried to boost his spirits,
But he was gloom personified,
I told him that people like me and him don’t die.
That we are alive as long as we are remembered.
That we live forever.

I told him that people live only as long as their deeds,
That we are alive every time someone talks of us and our deeds
And people like me and him, are never forgotten,
We are liked by some and feared by some, but never are we lost
Not to this world we walk in, nor the other one we walk to.

For we were the immortals, the ones this world cherishes,
We are heroes to our friends and doom to our enemies,
Thus, we are known to all, and even our critics,
Talk of our glory in vanquishing them.
So my friend, dear Death, do thy task.

I could see him convinced; he asked me if I was sure,
I asked him if he was ready and we both smiled.
We walked hand in hand, two friends who had met each other
After a very long time. We walked ahead into the setting sun,
Knowing that we lived lives of glory and will live forever...

No comments:

Post a Comment