About Me

My photo
About Me : Still trying to find out...will let u guys know when I find out...

Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Life Under a Tree

There we stood under a tree,
We stood right under it, just you and me,
Being blessed in its bosom,
We were the modern Eve and Adam,

It was a tree in full bloom, in the peak of spring,
And we stood right under it, just you and me,
A happy couple, for all the world to see,
A joy for all the world to sing.

We were the perfect couple,
Perfect for each other, if not for the world,
True, we were not fit for this world,
A different world awaited us elsewhere.

We had always thought about going there,
But never felt the need to do so,
For we were in bliss, where we were
And never thought we had somewhere else to go.

The tree showered flowers upon us,
Probably happy with our amorous adventures,
It was not someone that censured,
The happy dance of lovers.

The tree was our abode, our guardian and protector,
It was there when we needed a shelter,
Shielding us from the prying eyes of the devil,
Who had, in him, nothing but evil.

But somewhere you fell prey to him,
Somewhere, when for a minute, I had dozed off,
Out of Love’s labour, that had tired me out,
You had submitted to his whim.

The tree that sheltered us, sheltered him too,
He had come there to see us and envy,
He had hatched a plot to separate you from me,
And had, to this end, persuaded you.

In a moment of weakness, you had fallen prey,
Ending our happy ballet,
You had drifted far from me,
And become a part of my fancy.

You have gone to the other world,
A world we often talked about,
And you call me there often,
But coming there, I don’t know when...

I stand under this tree, all alone,
It has, now become my home.
My days are spent here in your memory
As I stand all day under this tree...

No comments:

Post a Comment