About Me

My photo
About Me : Still trying to find out...will let u guys know when I find out...

Monday, March 21, 2011

Forgive Me, Zuckerberg

Sitting in geography class, looking at a map,
Where lines crisscross, and seas clash with land,
Rails to bridge, roads and lanes passed for ships
Telegraph, telephones and the all mighty internet,
With our faces on books and letters filling inboxes,
The last time I ever stepped out was last Christmas,
I doubt if I will step out this time,
Snow Inc. has offered to deliver this year’s snow,
Through the cat flap in my door. I hope they get lucky.
The cat flap had gone out of use long ago
Cats are company lovers and hate being alone,
They’ve probably got a colony built somewhere on the outskirts,
Free from wires and networks and towers,
While we bind ourselves in fishnets and cobwebs,
And claim to live in a free world.

I haven’t seen my neighbor’s face, not since the last barbeque,
To celebrate our wisdom in staying away from the dotcom bust,
Ironically though, we had saved our money,
And lost ourselves in what followed the bust,
We have never had a wall to separate us, but have now started,
To write on each other’s wall, that we did not build,
From sharing bear hugs as men, we have deteriorated into kids
Poking the other and waiting eagerly to be poked back,
Our lives are dependent on the likes and unlikes we get,
And our status updates are statutes for ourselves in a virtual world,
Bounded by communities and stuck inside groups, I now miss my cat,
And the beauty of a summer morning and the chirping of the sparrow.
The moon hates to give me company, the north wind hates crossing my rooftop,
But my recent status update about ending status updates,
Continues to be unliked by people as lonely as I am and yet, so unaware.

No comments:

Post a Comment