About Me

My photo
About Me : Still trying to find out...will let u guys know when I find out...

Thursday, May 13, 2010

TREE- TALK

I do not ask you to sow a seed
The birds consider it their deed
Your people make you have more kids
They give child support to meet your bids.

I don't ask you to quench my thirst
The clouds consider it a must
You get your water in a can
By digging deeper than i ever can.

I do not ask you to feed me
Mother Earth does it, you see..
You eat more than what you need
Mother Earth can never meet your greed.

In me, birds find a calm shelter
Away from your urban helter-skelter
You can't house even your folk
Your cities, of overpopulation they choke.

I give you flowers and fruits
But pray don't dig at my roots
Use my dead leaves for your fields
The crops will meet all your needs
My bark may look like a piece of art
Do understand, it is also my heart.

I do not demand anything from you,
I don't even stop you from taking what I offer
But please let me live
And for you more I will give.

The birds and animals don't harm me
But you mankind I know what to say
My fruitless search for a way
Against your axe continues to this day.

You can hold a thousand summits
And sign a million documents
But until the day you hear me speak
You will not get what you seek.

For if trees could walk and fruits could fly
Our march would haven opened your eye
But we are bound to the earth
From our birth till our death.

So alwayas keep this in mind
Trees help your mankind
And before you put your axe to the grind
Wake up human, and be not blind.

------------A TREE COUNTING ITS FINAL DAYS

No comments:

Post a Comment