About Me

My photo
About Me : Still trying to find out...will let u guys know when I find out...

Sunday, May 16, 2010

Wordsworth,Me and You

One fine day, Wordsworth saw a beautiful view
He was out there early to catch the morning dew
He saw London before sunrise
And his description of the scene was precise...

He said, “Earth has not anything to show more fair”
But to you, his words have not been fair
Don’t consider the great poet as partisan
It is just that he was describing London

Your face, he has not seen
In your time, he has not been
Wordsworth’s London was two centuries before
And today, London needs beauty a lot more


Because today, London has a strong contender
It is no match for your face, tender
Wordsworth would have agreed with me here
As London has not your sweet voice to hear...

I could compare your eyes to the sun
But that would be so meaningless
For your eyes are full of love and care
And the sun is just hot and bare...

I could say that your hair is dark as the raincloud
But then, I couldn’t say that out loud
For the life of the cloud is short
And your hair’s fragrance it has not...

Looking at your face reminds of the moon
But I shouldn’t conclude that too soon
For the moon waxes and wanes
And your eternal beauty turns me insane

Thus it is that I realise
That your beauty is beyond the premise
Of being compared with anything dead or alive
And simply admiring it keeps me alive

No comments:

Post a Comment