About Me

My photo
About Me : Still trying to find out...will let u guys know when I find out...

Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Walking Along Cornfields

Holding hands together, we walked in the corn fields,
Fresh ears of corn eavesdropping on us,
Laughing at our jokes, or so it seemed
As the wind tickled them while gliding past us.

Holding hands together, we walked in the corn fields,
Just me and her, walking amidst rows of corn,
Her plaited hair rose in the wind, embracing me,
Rows and rows of brunette corn on my face.

She knew I loved the smell of fresh corn,
And I knew that day, that there was more to life
Than just fresh corn. There was a heart to care
And to be cared for. There was a life to share, with her.

We danced in the fields, round and round we went,
And made tread marks on the soil,
Marks that were claimed to be trademark crop circles,
By conspiracy theorists, the day and week after.

Corn fields have mazes these days,
People tend to get lost in them,
We were friends of Theseus and danced
Our way into the maze of love.

Tired and delighted, we sat down to relax,
Resting my weary head on her soft lips,
I did not know if it was a minute or an eternity,
Lost in the bliss, me and the monster of Time were.

Ecstasy knows no bounds, and I could see it in her eyes,
When I finally did get up. I could see it in my eyes,
Reflected in hers. We were in each other’s arms,
The world had itself shrunk to the small space between us.

I lay in her lap, resting my eyes, in her radiant beauty,
Her fingers in my hair ruffling, what the wind failed to do,
I was going back in time, lying on my mom’s lap,
Her affection flowing free into the crevices of my lip.

The ears of corn leaned in, to sneak a peek,
But pulled back when I looked at them,
Were these games played by the wind?
Or were these played by my mind?

I wish I had my mind switched on,
It always goes into slumber,
The minute I think of her. Into hibernation, it was
Now that I was this close to her.

Words are too limited to appreciate the beauty
Of her voice, which could put anxiety to rest,
Drive exhaustion into extinction, and turn
Despondency to dreams.

I need no dreams, to live my life
For I got her, better than any dream
The best, man could ever dream of,
Was cradling me in her lap, the bed of paradise.

Day was dying into dusk, the sun getting lost
Into the mountains, to rise again tomorrow
I was getting lost in her, not knowing
If I could find myself ever again...

Not that I was worried about it,
For I was the citizen of this land of God
Where she was Queen, with all her warmth,
Crowning her beauty and benevolence.

We found our way out of the maze of maize,
Through the end of it, we walked out,
Two sets of feet marking the way to guide,
Lovers of posterity who enter and leave.

Lovers who don’t have to get lost in corn fields
But would rather get lost in each other,
Just like we have and others will have,
Holding hands together, walking out of the corn fields.

No comments:

Post a Comment