About Me

My photo
About Me : Still trying to find out...will let u guys know when I find out...

Sunday, February 27, 2011

Il Concerto

What a huge crowd of admirers!
Beaming with joy I looked down
At the eager eyes looking up at me,
I was the star of the show that night,
No wonder I couldn’t see her in the crowd.

It was such an army, growing with time,
And all of them to watch me in all my glory,
My head was spinning, and wherever I looked
I saw bright eyes, cheering me on,
No wonder I couldn’t see her in all that dazzle.

I was about to start performing, a love song,
Which, of course, had been inspired by her,
And I started, in my baritone, a soulful note,
The song even brought the gods out of their rooms,
To listen to this sweet melody I was singing,

The excitement got to me and I started dancing,
Someone pushed me off the stage to the ground,
A few people were standing around me
The sky was filled with streetlights and a full moon,
And I was at the bottom of the trunk of a tree.

I was still disoriented, unable to take stock of the scene,
Before I could stand straight, my cheek faced the brunt of a slap,
It was my girl, hitting the same spot she had caressed a while ago,
As I rubbed my eyes, she yelled at the top of her voice,
“How many times have I told you not to get drunk and climb trees?”

3 comments:

  1. Has the writer ever been tipsy enough to deserve a slap ?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha, too often to talk about it here. :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jey looks like he is that best friend with whom you can share any secrets and hold any conversation

    ReplyDelete